Tuesday, July 13, 2010

bookwormy

I love books, only interesting ones, but I do love them.

The first book to be featured here is one that my sister gave me for Christmas not so long ago. What I love most about this one is that it has excellent explanations of what your vintage dollar means to shopkeepers and how to know exactly what you are buying.


The Little Guide to Vintage Shopping: Melody Fortier


When my lovely friend Mairead McDaid came to visit me (from Northern Ireland) in Toronto many moons ago, she had in tow with her, one of the most incredible books I have ever sniffed the binding of. Inside is a dream world, well more literally a city by city guide of vintage shopping boutiques, that spans the entire globe. Included within its dream granting pages are addresses, intersections and phone numbers of what I'm fairly certain, are some of the BEST shops in all the land....I'm proud to say many of the shops listed in the Toronto section were already on my 'to do' list!




Shopping for Vintage: Funmi Odulate

No comments:

Post a Comment